Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about getting some Dep's Buzzjets, because I am a sucker for topwaters. I have a metric $h**ton of topwaters that I never end up throwing as it is, but this stupid thing must be good, because it will not go away.

Thoughts?

SS

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
I love top waters too. But I don't know what a buzz jet is...I do like buzzbaits and have a metric ton of those already, now I probably shouldn't look up buzzjets or I'll probably want to get some too...ha ha.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Never tried one and wont. I have plenty of lures that would work real similar, and I dont need another box of lures I never use.

Did you get your swimbaits finished?

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
crankn101 said:
Never tried one and wont. I have plenty of lures that would work real similar, and I dont need another box of lures I never use.
LOL, I heard dat! :D But the thing is, I don't jump on bandwagon baits. I let a "hot" new lure be hot. If it is still catching fish in say five or six years, it starts looking good to me. The Buzzjet has been around a while, and it is still getting rave reviews. It is also noted as being a catcher of larger than average bass...

I might have to pull the trigger.

crankn101 said:
Did you get your swimbaits finished?
No, I failed in a valiant attempt to apply a photofinish. :-\

I think the baits would have caught mad fish, they swim like gangbusters, but they looked a little amateurish.

I ain't down with that, so I am re-doing them. Will keep all interested parties appraised.

Shaun

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
swimbait said:
You might want to wait till pay-day... ;)

SS
[/quote

You got me worried there...thought they were one of the 100 dollar ones...they look interesting...had to go find a picture since no link was showing up on my screen...

I think there is one I can Rainbow Trout bastardize...

And they let Neal design one while he was listening to 80's music the other night...

·
Registered
582 Posts
A really unique top water bait. I would say its almost like a torpedo topwater with a wake jr like dip. I think your going to like it, I love the ones I had until the night rocks took a dip in the candy jar. Wish the price would drop just like the with the Deps Realiser ( Absolutely love this bait-kills quincy)

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
I think Tackletour would be the best place to ask this question.
I have a deps highsider but haven't thrown it much as I got it last year when the water was around 50.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts