Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in finding someone with machinist skills and their own machines who might be interested in cutting parts for fishing gadgets. I like to design things (have some basic CAD skills), and don't have access to metalworking mills and lathes to bring them to life. The only reward I would be able to offer for now, is you get to test the prototypes, if interested.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I worked for three years in a machine shop, and ever since (for four years now) I have had trouble sleeping, because I can't stop thinking about mechanical devices I could fabricate with them. Frustrating to know what's possible, but not have the tools to make it happen. CSU sometimes has mills and metalworking lathes in their surplus store that they auction to the public. Their surplus property warehouse is open on Thursday mornings (7-9), and they sell a lot of things during that time, but computer equipment and certain types of other machineray they are required by law to auction. You can call them to find out when the auctions will be.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
im still looking for so good machines i got my heart set on a bridgeport vertical and a warner & swazee #3 turret lathe, but i guess i need to build a garage to put them in first, so for now when i want to shape metal i gotta get it hot and beet it with a hammer

·
Registered
578 Posts
I would love to get a bridgeport!!! And a clausing lathe, and a kent or k.o. lee surface grinder and a.................... oh, the list could go on and on and on and............... 8) I have a good sized garage but I have it filled with a lot of music equipment! I just don't have room for any large machines so I want to get one of those lathe/mill combos. I probably won't ever do any personal machining that is very heavy so I think one of those combos would work fine.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
roadkill said:
im still looking for so good machines i got my heart set on a bridgeport vertical and a warner & swazee #3 turret lathe, but i guess i need to build a garage to put them in first, so for now when i want to shape metal i gotta get it hot and beet it with a hammer

Last year, CSU auctioned a vertical bridgeport that needed a little work. If only I had the money and some more room in the garage...

Why not look at HarborFreight for some inexpensive taiwanese benchtop machines? I know someone who has a machine shope stocked with them, and has used them for his business for many years, now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts