Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to find out conditions at the Golden Gate Ponds...the state park website isn't very helpful on it and I haven't seen a report yet. Unfortunately, I'm relegated to very short day trips for awhile, so I was hoping to head up there if there is some decent ice later during the week. thanks for the help.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Mountain Man, I just called (303-582-3707). got the number from

http://parks.state.co.us/parks/goldengatecanyon/Pages/GoldenGateStatePark.aspx

The lady that ansered was really nice, and said that although it was "at your own risk" People have been icing Krilley.

I was thinking of trying to take the kids next Sunday. My wife works, and I'm not sure how easy it'll be to controll them on the ice.. (but I haven't fished in almost 3 weeks, was planning on going tomorrow, but have some type of stomach bug today)
Anyway, I'll be dying to get out, and until I saw your post, I wouldn't have doubted they'd have a solid lid by now..

If you go up before Sunday, let me know how it goes.. thanks

·
Registered
194 Posts
Went sucker slayin yesterday. ;D
8" on both of them.
A little open area at the inlet of Slough though.
Slick ice so make sure the kiddos have cleats on!

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys. Yeah, i'm itchin to get out too and it's close, so hopefully I can sneak in a day this week. I'll let you know if I get up there.

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
MTK said:
Went sucker slayin yesterday. ;D
8" on both of them.
A little open area at the inlet of Slough though.
Slick ice so make sure the kiddos have cleats on!
Cool. Was gonna say they usually have about the same amount as Georgetown, and should be about right there.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Was there Sunday AM, a good 9"-11" on most of the slough. Picked up just a couple in about 1 1/2 hours. Must not have stocked any in this fall as a couple of years ago had 12 or so in that amount of time.
Cheers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Fishing Report - 12/6/2010
Golden Gate Ponds (Slough, Kriley, Ranch Ponds and Dudes Fishing Hole) were stocked August 24, 2010. Stocking will not resume until May 2011. Fishing pond have mostly frozen over. The park does not monitor ice thickness - deciding to ice fish is at your own discretion.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Went the 11th to kriley. Ice was 6-8. We went for suckers and caught mostly rainbows. Decent 12-14 inchers and hard fighters. Bring cleats! Also got checked by Dow, so don't forget your license!

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sadly I still haven't gotten up there yet. Hoping next Wednesday with the kids. glad to hear they are biting some.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts