Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning a trip to pueblo reservoir next week. Wondering if anybody has done any good yet this year?

Thanks,
Calvin

·
Registered
176 Posts
I went last sunday. trolled for walleye near the damn with no luck. didn't fish real hard because the wind picked up early and was blowing us into the rocks. even just drifting with the wind was too fast for walleye. that afternoon it calmed down and we went back out, found a calm cove on the west end and catfished for a while. nothing! peublo skunked me.
let us know how you do...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Went for a boat ride today at the Pueblo Reservoir. The current elevation is 4877 ft and the temperature was 47.5 to 49 degrees F. Washed off the baits but didn’t catch much of anything. The launch was steady with traffic but not too crazy. Anybody do any good today?

·
Registered
699 Posts
if you are goin next week what day and where you comin from would love to go myself

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I have been fishing Pueblo since it became a lake and I honestly think right now (early spring) is the toughest time to catch fish there.  I can catch fish better in the dead of winter than March to mid April.  Its always been that way for me so I fish the smaller lakes in the early season.

Once that water temp gets above low 50's it gets much easier.  I think its because the lake is deep and warms up real slow and the fish right now are moving from the wintering holes to shallower water and hard to find.  Thats my theory anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts