Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for someone to join me on my boat Saturday Morning(Weather Permitting) at Chatfeild. Its not that big of a boat so the Bigger you are the more uncomfortable you'll be.(See, there are advantages to being short)

Your end of the deal:

Help me(A Rookie) load and un-load the boat
Bring your own rod/reels and tackle
Bring 2dz minnows
Bring something to eat and drink
And bring your fishing skills

If anyone wants to go please let me know ASAP.

-Jay
303-669-****

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
I will be out there on saturday with my boys, maybe i can stick a couple of the mean ones with you. If you take any of them aboard, I'm not responsible for anything broken.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tom but I just got the boat and while its no 30k boat i'd like to TRY and keep it in 1 peice.

:) :) :)

-Jay

·
Registered
440 Posts
Jay, you a nice guy.

For what it's worth: I found that once the boat is lined up on the trailer, and hooked to the winch, removal from water is a piece of cake. Where it's hard for me, is pushing the boat up and backward, sliding it off the trailer. Can't wait to hear how you do saturday! :)

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nawanda said:
Can't wait to hear how you do saturday! :)
If I don't find someone to go with me I don't know that i'll even try. This will only be my 2nd time out in a boat and for me to do it by myself.......hmmmmm.

Maybe ill just say screw it and give it a try.

-Jay

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have to work thru Sun. But have Mon - Thurs off. ( I work 4 on 4 off ) so if you ever have days off during the week, I would be more than happy to help launch your boat.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Can!!!! During the summer ill try to get more days off during the week. Id like to fish CF and CC but wont be caught dead out there on the weekend with all the [email protected]$$ jet/water skiers.

Thanks again,

Anyone else?

-Jay

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
I will be at chatfield on Sat am too. Any distinctive markings on your boat? Mines a Fish Hawk 14 footer. If you see me say Hi.

Dan

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its a 14' V-hull with a 1958 johnson on the back, You cant miss the motor, Its big and red/white. The boat its self is gray. There is a trolling motor on the front and the back. If you see me you'll know it. Im a short stalky(Beer-Belly) guy who'll have a cigar hanging out of my mouth.

:)

Anyone Else?

-Jay

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
jay we will defininently be there sat. morning and would be happy giving you a hand putting in, and passing on info about the days fishing. Doing the launching and loading by yourself is really simple. Most times i'm by my self because I fish weekdays alot and have never had a problem. if you need help I could give you my cell # for sat. morning.

·
Registered
16,571 Posts
I'll be there at about 6-630am and will lend a hand if we meet up!Really,its pretty easy!

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was going to try and be there around 7:00am but will try for alittle earlier to meet up with some of you.

Thanks

What a great site this has become with great people,

-Jay

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Jay be there no later then 6:45. Me, slayer and Dan are drag racing out of the marina. First to the tower wins a six pack

·
Registered
173 Posts
I gotta say I have never been on a boat in my life. Shhh...don't tell anyone! :D My husband and I have looked at them at Sportsman Warehouse, smaller ones, even at paddle boats, and we were thinking of maybe getting tubes, until some guy at wall-mart told us how he tipped himself over in one and nearly drowned. Anyhow...It will be a while before we have a boat. Good luck on Saturday!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Jay I would love to try to drown some worms with you Saturday, But the Warden has already set up chores for me to do. I can't wait till April 1 when I can finally put my boat in. You can usually find me out there all the time then. Look for a blue and white Ebbtide in the marina.

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Sorry to say I won't be drag racing out of the marina Saturday am. My fishing partner (17yo son) has lacrosse practice so it will be 1130 or so before I get on the water.

You guys be sure to save me a few.

Oh and by the way my old "76 25 hp evinrude only goes fast downhill and I don't recall seeing any hills on the water!

Dan

1 - 20 of 20 Posts