Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Drove by today... South end to the swim beach is capped and it looked like there was even a guy out there. The rest was open water. Also the south pond was over half open water as well.

·
P I K E
10,111 Posts
The other site guys say only 2-3 inches out from Catfish! Not worth it to test it IMOH!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Geese at CC were all hunkered down looked like ducks all rolled up in a ball it was 2 degrees, wouldn't even fly when I woke them up LOL

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the replies!

I will give it more time, probably hit Evergreen tmrw...I fished it last week and it had 6 inches solid

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
There were around a dozen guys out this evening/afternoon. Ice is a little interesting. Was out yesterday and it was 1-2 of trash ice. The top 3 or so inches of slush froze over night.

·
Registered
27 Posts
CC report. I drove by on the dam at 2:45 pm today and I saw a group of three on the West side off the ramp and 3 by the tower. It was capped except for the marina docks. Looks like colder weather coming soon.

·
P I K E
10,111 Posts
with the new cold front coming through this week everything metro should be good to go by next weekend...at least for me!!! :thumb:

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
with the new cold front coming through this week everything metro should be good to go by next weekend...at least for me!!! :thumb:
Will be nice to get some metro ice or because I enjoy masochism... Lonetree...

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
fixed! Can't fix stupid!
Yes sir. This picture is a side by side Razor with tracks on it at Grand lake, I can't believe people would take something like that out there without checking ice thickness.
We fished there last week on 3"s of sketchy ice with wet spots and there were snowmobile tracks there already with slush in them.

·
P I K E
10,111 Posts
^^^^^^YEP...true meaning of...DUMBASS!!! :biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
I'm sitting on 4" of clear with 1.5 of milky on top. Ice is fine, fishing blows....
Took another "look see" today and there were quite a few fisherman out there off Catfish... 2 Guys right at the edge of the newer ice.. ???:eek:
Most of my favorite areas still need to solid up...

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I went yesterday to CC, off of the West picnic tables. Went out about 20yds, 4ft of water. Punched a 7in. hole in a minute with a steel rod (Old bench press bar) that I check the ice with. Think I'll give it another week. Really only 1 good inch of ice, under 3in. of crap, spongy stuff.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts