Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
;D ;D ;D

Anyone ever use these? I hear they're good for pike and big lakers, just curious if they work or not.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I have quite a few, being on the Salmo VIP staff I picked up some to try on pike. No dice...yet. Have not tried them on lakers yet.

·
Super Moderator
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FishLip said:
WOW!!!! Where did you find that?
Had to order directly from salmo, I couldn't really find them anywhere else.
setthehook said:
I have quite a few, being on the Salmo VIP staff I picked up some to try on pike. No dice...yet. Have not tried them on lakers yet.
They look sweet, hopefully the pike where I fish will think so too lol

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
DAAAYYYUUMM!!! The one I was referring to awhile back was about half the size. You better get yourself a flippin stick for ice to fish that. Looks like a freekin ice swimbait. Awesome

What does it weigh?

·
Super Moderator
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ITO said:
DAAAYYYUUMM!!! The one I was referring to awhile back was about half the size. You better get yourself a flippin stick for ice to fish that. Looks like a freekin ice swimbait. Awesome

What does it weigh?
3.5oz! It's a freakin beast, I didn't realize how big it was until I had it in my hands lol. Probably gonna need a new ice rod just to handle it lol

Here's everything I ordered, the giant and #6's from salmo and a #4, and some #3's from Cabelas (on sale!)

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I really like the chrome bait on the lower left. The belly on it glows such a bright orange. The Nat. Perch is a dominator.

On the big ones you should really beef up the hooks. A pike doing the death roll with those light wire hooks could turn into tragedy fast! :eek:

·
Super Moderator
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ITO said:
I really like the chrome bait on the lower left. The belly on it glows such a bright orange. The Nat. Perch is a dominator.

On the big ones you should really beef up the hooks. A pike doing the death roll with those light wire hooks could turn into tragedy fast! :eek:
The orange glow is sweet! I took a pic but it doesn't do it justice...

The natural perch looks really good! I'm gonna test it and the giant chubby on Saturday. Then Sunday I'm gonna try the #6's for some macks. I was thinking if switching to some beefier hooks, but I don't want them to affect the action. They recommend lighter line for these lures, so I was thinking heavier hooks would definitely have some affect. (From drag on the lure)

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I just think a better quality hook. If you can find a Gama, Owner or mustad that matches the size, I would use them. Those hooks on the larger models just look like they would bend easy. These baits generally swim out to the sides quite far in 12'. Hooks dont weigh much and are a little extra insurance that you will bury the hook good.

·
Super Moderator
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ITO said:
I just think a better quality hook. If you can find a Gama, Owner or mustad that matches the size, I would use them. Those hooks on the larger models just look like they would bend easy. These baits generally swim out to the sides quite far in 12'. Hooks dont weigh much and are a little extra insurance that you will bury the hook good.
I'll see what I can find, good fishing tackle is hard to find around here! The hooks on them are decently sharp but I really like gama hooks, owners are real nice too. Maybe I'll try to get some red ones. How are you liking the zippers? I was gonna order some but didn't wanna break the bank lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts