Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever fished Bingham lake in Parker. I just found out about the lake from browsing the internet. According to the website fishing regulations there are Stripers, Walleye, bass, crappie, perch, and carp in the lake.

I may have to take my pontoon boat and see if there is any action.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
What? Are you sure. Didnt know there was any fishable waters in Parker?

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was just as surprised at you are. The lake is a small lake in a neighborhood. It used to be a private neighborhood lake, but it was made public last summer sometime. I am not sure how good the fishing is though.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Where in Parker is Bingham--cross streets so that I can map it? Thanks!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Its right under my nose but I never knew it was there. Thanks.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Probably not that many people know about it since it was private to only Pinery Homeowners until last summer like was said above. I'm not sure how the fishing is since they just drained and worked on the lake and was still really low back in March/April. If the lake has been refilled then it might start getting decent to fish once it starts getting warmer. I've never myself caught anything out of there besides Largemouth, Crappie, and Sunfish, but a friend almost caught a wiper and I have heard about there being Walleye in there. Its one of those lakes though that you can only be there an hour before sunrise and an hour after sunset so good luck with those Walleye.

·
OG LOKE
18,957 Posts
Bingham is a cool lake to fish...I've caught a ton of largemouth in the summer on buzzbaits and senkos...I saw some kids catch a MONSTER wiper out of there last summer...I hope they refill it too! :)

·
Registered
239 Posts
This lake is plenty deep (about 35ft.) I've heard a lot of stories about large wiper coming out of
there. An article was written about in the hunting and fishing news last year. Lots of people came
out and kept fish even though they recommend catch and release. There's a boat ramp there that's
very rustic, but O.K. Jay , There are two other lakes in Parker that have bass in them. One is behind
the horse corral at Salisbury Park. The other one is under E-470 at Jordan Rd.

·
Registered
307 Posts
NinerRick, are those other lakes open to the public? Also, can one launch a boat at Bingham or is it hand carry only like at Quincy?
Thanks

·
Registered
213 Posts
You can launch a boat from a trailer, but crafts are limited to human or battery powered only. No gas motors of any kind are allowed on the lake.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Derajaman, now that raises another question, can one just raise the gas motor up like at Aurora or must it be removed?

·
Registered
239 Posts
The ramp is a little below average for launching. Usually the water level is too low and the ramp runs out before you're deep enough. I'm almost positive that you can't have a gas motor on your boat, even if you don't use
it.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Niner,
Where is the lake at E-470 and Jordan? I live right there and have never seen it. Now I am excited!!!!!!!! I can walk my dog and fish......Take that woman!!!!!!!! Oh sorry, I got carried away thinking about how I will handle the situation. ha ha ha

;D

·
Registered
239 Posts
That lake by e-470 and Jordan is easiest to get to by parking a the Cottonwood Trailhead off Cottonwood Drive and either walk or ride down the bike path. They are building a bunch of
condos or townhouses where the path curves to go under e-470. The lake is on the left hand side.
It's pretty swampy there, so you might want to wear waders or boots. I haven't fished it yet this year. Good luck!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts