Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever fished a place called Jerry Creek(No NOT Cherry Creek).

Where is it and where can I get more info on it?

Thank you

-Jay

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Yea I've heard of it, they talk about it alot on iceshanty.com its around Grand junction and is suppose to have state record pan fish and bass.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Its a watershed consisting of two reservoirs off of Colorado route 330 just West of the town of Colbran. It is accesssed by foot.  Its restricted to artificial flies and lures only and all fish must be returned. I believe it is listed in the wildlife properties directory that comes with the fishing regulations.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
This is all the info I have on the Lake.
Directions:From Grand Junction, go 20 miles east on I 70 to highway 65 (Exit 49), then 8 miles east (right) to hwy 330, then about 2 miles left (east) to the parking area on the left.
Boating:Boating, floating, swimming, and wading prohibited.
Fish:2 reservoirs, all fishing is catch and release!
Water Acres: 1000
Elevation:5500 feet
Managing Agency: Division of Wildlife. For more information, call (303) 297-1192.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Sorry to bring back a dead thread, but I have a bunch of info on this place, so if anybody wants it pm me.
I have a wealth of info on it, most I have posted on other forums. Here's a bit to get you guys drooling! If you want any private info pm me and I'll do what I can.

This is a pretty common jerry creek bluegill. (over 12")

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
It was 12.5" catch and release at jerry creek reservoir #1. It is on the dow site as a master angler award given in september 2004. When DOW updates their catch and release record, I will be on it hopefully. The record you gave is for kept fish. I don't really want to talk about my potential record though, as it seems a lot of people just like to complain at me about it.

·
Banned
487 Posts
That was one of several state record gills TFB and I released during a trip last fall. The gills usually average as big or bigger than the current state record and can go more than twice that big.
The bass are a little on the small side but can run over 5 pounds too. But you can catch tons of 12 - 17" largemouth all day on flukes, senkos, crankbaits, and an awesome topwater bite for bass AND Bluegills in the evenings and mornings.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts