Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched the archives and Fish Explorer but didn't find any recent threads/info on McKay Lake in Westminster near 144th and Zuni.

My buddy works close by and wants to give it a go.

Does anyone fish this lake?

Has anyone fished the lake recently?

The city's website says "McKay Lake supports a variety of fish that have been stocked by the Division of Wildlife since the city purchased the property." However, I can't find any info on what fish are in McKay or if the city stocks it at all.

Any tips/info is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
Typical warm water lake. Bass and panfish. Try late season techniques. With the colder weather I'm sure everything will be slowing down.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I searched the archives and Fish Explorer but didn't find any recent threads/info on McKay Lake in Westminster near 144th and Zuni.

My buddy works close by and wants to give it a go.

Does anyone fish this lake?

Has anyone fished the lake recently?

The city's website says "McKay Lake supports a variety of fish that have been stocked by the Division of Wildlife since the city purchased the property." However, I can't find any info on what fish are in McKay or if the city stocks it at all.

Any tips/info is greatly appreciated.
I had an app on my Android phone called "Fishbrain". a bunch of different kids reported that they caught LMB , and some cats in McKay

1 - 7 of 7 Posts