Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of planning a road trip. Good time, Best time? Where did you stay? Thanks

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Go to bassresource.com and put in "cornhusker largemouth" under search. Theres a paragraph or two about Merritt in the article.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that looks like a good resource site. I hadn't thought about going there for bass, but it's nice to have additional targets.

·
Registered
705 Posts
They have really nice camping at Boardman Creek. Merritt Resort is good and clean plus a lot of amenities. I have done both many times

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have stayed a few times at Merritt trading post.. The cabins were always clean and friendly people. Camping facilities are nice. A lot of structure and a good variety of fish.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
I went out there last year and stayed at Lord ranch resort which is right next to the Valentine Refuge and about 20 miles from Merritt. Great little place if you don't find anything closer. The Merritt trading post/cabins are run by a really nice guy. I didn't stay there but he seems like he does takes care of his customers. Heading back there at the end of the month but staying at the Snake River Sportsmen's Club which is just a couple miles from Merritt. I been waiting all year to go back. That body of water is the shizz nit. Plenty of species to keep anyone busy.

Last year we went at the beginning of May and there was a recent snow storm and cold spell so the water was cold and the fishing was rough, but what we did see had me itching to get back for a whole year. Still manage to put fish on the boat each day but it was only a few each day. This year should be much better since we're hitting it at the end of May.

Did you end up finding a boat, Ralpert?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Great information everyone. Thanks. I think I will try the lodge. The prices seem reasonable. I haven't found a boat yet. I went and looked at the Lund Rebel 17 footer at Crowley Marine. I think I may be going that direction. My wife is convinced it's better to buy a brand new boat. How can I argue with that?

I would like to head out end of May or beginning of June.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
You better listen to your wife! Happy wife, happy life lol!

I'll be there from May 28th-June 1st. If you make it during those dates we'll have to coordinate and do a Greenie attack on the lake.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am off work from May22-August 14, so I can go anytime I can find someone to go with. I usually drag my son along.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts