Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Re: anyone fish pumphouse lately?

john the fisherman said:
Walking Eagle said:
huh what? the link is to a boyd lake report. i didn't see anything under reports about pumphouse.?.?
Sorry John, when you said pumphouse without specifying what body of water you were talking about, I assumed Boyd Lake because that has the only pumphouse that I'm familiar with. In the boyd lake report, when they say "inlet" they mean that pumphouse.

So what lake did you have in mind when you said pumphouse? I may not be able to help you, but someone else might, if they know what lake you are thinking of. The forum covers all of Colorado, remember.

W. E.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Walking Eagle said:
john the fisherman said:
Walking Eagle said:
huh what? the link is to a boyd lake report. i didn't see anything under reports about pumphouse.?.?
Sorry John, when you said pumphouse without specifying what body of water you were talking about, I assumed Boyd Lake because that has the only pumphouse that I'm familiar with.  In the boyd lake report, when they say "inlet" they mean that pumphouse.

So what lake did you have in mind when you said pumphouse?  I may not be able to help you, but someone else might, if they know what lake you are thinking of. The forum covers all of Colorado, remember.

W. E.
doh ...
i get it..

i'm talking about pumphouse, the blm rec are on the colorado river below gore canyon near kremmling.
anyone?

M

·
0 Posts

i would post this same thing in the fly fishing section, some of those guys might not read over here and a lot of them have good info on that area

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Mustang said:
i would post this same thing in the fly fishing section, some of those guys might not read over here and a lot of them have good info on that area
okay i will do that. i changed the title of this thread too.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
John - I have not been up there in a while, but it should be fishing well. Water clarity is really good and flows are nice. It's a great time of year to bang the shores with streamers. You can always take fish nymphing as well. Use some smaller nymphs (sizes 14 to 18). You might even see some fish slurping on overcast days and Blue Winged Olives should be coming off this time of year. If you are a spin fisherman I would throw some panther martins (darker colors with silver blades, Yellow body might be good this time of year as well) or small Rapalas in trout patterns (rainbow or brown). Not sure if you will be floating or not, but from a boat it is nice to cast to shore and bring back to center of the river. If wading just cast up and accross stream. There are a lot of fish up there you just have to find them and figure out what gets them going. Good Luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts