Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was going to head out to bear creek. Wondering if anyone can give me some tips. Got a vex four dozen minnows and my handy dandy gps.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Fished there Christmas eve. 3 of us went, and we only caught 2 within the first 20 min between us. No bites after. Fished on the north side towards the damn in 10-15 feet of water where we caught fish, tried other spots with no bites.. There is a handicap pier straight out from the boat ramp that is a decent spot, but we didnt find anything there at that time..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Lucky you! Try fishing at Pelican point. This lake has big, strong trout, some browns, perch, bluegill, suckers, and saugeye, some tiger muskie. The fishing was slow a few weeks ago. I have never heard of pike caught here and the saugeye bite has been slow to none. I like using worms, blown up with air, and rainbow powerbait. (ham and eggs) You should take waxies, mealies, and fireballs also. Oh, the view of Red Rocks rules! Sucks I have to work :(, let my know how the ice is?

·
Registered
731 Posts
use minnows and get as close to the open water as you feel comfortable with, and you should catch all day, mostly 14-16" bows

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I got to the lake at 8 30am drilled a few strait out from the boat ramp in 12 feet of water. I was using a chartruse ratso tipped with two mill worms and had a minnow on the dead stick. The sonar instantly went red and within a half an hour I had a limit of trout. so I thought I would go venture around fished till 12 30 missed a few bites. Headed home just in time to watch some old lady put her car in the wall!

·
Registered
413 Posts
cars don't go good in walls or they go good in them but they don't look good after they go in them. ouch sorry to here that. :-\but a good day fishin O0

·
Registered
941 Posts
Nice job - will be hittin BC up soon in hopes of some saugeyes. Not my favorite place, but it's the closest to home and that counts for a lot. I'm a CWA member - there's lots of us on here!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts