Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read mixed reviews on Dillon Reservoir. Never been there and was wondering if anyone has fished it lately...comments?

·
Registered
939 Posts
If you like to catch stockers, go throw some metal! There are some decent fish in there but they are pretty few and far between.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks folks....Saved me a trip. I called the marina up there earlier today just after i posted and they didn't seem too excited about the fishing there either.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Thanks folks....Saved me a trip. I called the marina up there earlier today just after i posted and they didn't seem too excited about the fishing there either.
Go the Alpine Fishing Adventures Facebook page and scroll through the posts to see what the lake has been producing and what timing is best. Being the deep, cold, clear lake that it is, fishing is difficult from the time runnoff subsides(first week in july) untill the pre-spawn bite for the browns picks up here in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
I believe that it is pretty well accepted that Dillon is a wasted lake. Unless you want to enlist a guide, I would say your time would be better spent elsewhere. Truly a shame.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I fished it in July from a kayak while my kid was riding a MTB. Troll a small crank over weed beds and you have a chance of catching 13-15" Browns and Stockers RBT.
The girls on paddle boards were more fun to watch. The marina was a zoo.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts