Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on going to Skaguay next weekend. just wondering if anyone has been there lately. I'm gonna try to catch a pike or two. Any info would be appreciated.
thanks

·
Registered
6,797 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Ya that was me. Fish down by the dam if u want to catch a pike. Thats where I cought mine....Not saying there only down there but Im pretty sure thats where a few hang out. Cought it on a fake minnow.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks Craig, I heard jointed rapalas would do the trick, sounds like you agree. I'll definitely try the dam as well as the inlet area. who knows where they will be, guess it would not be any fun if I didn't have to search for them. thanks again for the info, I'll let you know how I do.
JT

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
not sure how warm skaguay gets but if its more than the high 60's or low 70's id try to work vertical structure near deeper cool water like drop offs and big rock piles something the fish could come up to feed and go back down to the cooler water and i would think they would be deeper near the thermocline or just above it if there is 1

good luck hope to see pics of pike and smiles

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Hi Justin!

Good to see that you made it over to coloradofisherman.com from the iceshanty. Looking forward to seeing you on the hardwater at 11 Mile this year.

_Colorado

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Jerry,
this is a great site! I'll definitely be on the ice as soon as it's safe. wouldn't miss it for anything. lets keep in touch.
JT

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Justin

Good to see that you remember me. PM me when you can get away to do something. September is kind of crazy for me but October should be wide open.

Jerry

1 - 8 of 8 Posts