Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of going out tomorrow around 10 and was wondering if people have been catching fish. Thanks for the help.

T

·
0 Posts
Hit chatfield 5/11 from 7:30pm to 10:30 pm. Caught a small smallie as the sun was setting. Took a break to snack and walk around a little. Went back down around 8:15pm. Throwing Glow Jigs. I hooked into a small wally and it got away. About 10 cast later, hooked on to a larger wally and lost it, too. I think it was a walleye. Not much fight, but can feel the tugging as I was reeling it in. Right before I left, I had two hits. That's it for the night. Lost a Rapala & 5-6 jigs. Cast my arms off!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks tb. for the report. I am on my way out there right now and will let you know how i did. I heard the walleye are down around 30 feet. I am going to give it a shot. i will be back soon

·
Registered
4 Posts
Are you fishing from shore or a boat? I've been out twice this month walking along the dam throwing tube jigs, so far I've managed to leave a lot of jigs in the rocks without catching a fish. I've seen a few little smallmouth following it, but no strikes.

T

·
0 Posts
AKwanderer said:
Are you fishing from shore or a boat?  I've been out twice this month walking along the dam throwing tube jigs, so far I've managed to leave a lot of jigs in the rocks without catching a fish.  I've seen a few little smallmouth following it, but no strikes.   
I was fishing along the dam from the boat docks to the tower. I saw one walleye right before sun down swimming away from shore. About 5 ft out. I've donated quite a bit of jigs and a rapala myself.

Here's the Small Smallie

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got back from chatfield and i caught 4 and a buddy caught 3 walleye. We were trolling on the old road and the only time we got strikes was when we were bringing it up from the deeper water to the shallow water(from north to south). Not a bad day of fishing and you couldnt beat the weather. I was fishing with leaches lindy rigged with #2 octopus hook and a 1/2 oz. weight. We didnt really mark many fish on the finder, but they were there. Hopefully with this nice weather the fishing should pick up. water was in 57-58 degrees on the old road.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Good luck Hanosandy,
  Anyone brave enough to venture out onto Lake Caddyshack, er, Chatfield, on a nice weekend, could certainly use some :).

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
"Good luck Hanosandy,
Anyone brave enough to venture out onto Lake Caddyshack, er, Chatfield, on a nice weekend, could certainly use some ."

ROFL

Seconded!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well the luck I was wished, certainly wasn't enough. Without a boat - I would have to say this is the worst fishing I have experienced all year. I went shore fishing and boats were all over my "casting zone." After 3 hours of casting inbetween trolling boats....I said nuts to this and went home. First time I've been skunked all year. :(

"Caddyshack lake" - absolutely - rude people, boats everywhere, overall bad experience

·
Registered
555 Posts
Hey Hanosandy,
Sorry to hear about your luck and the day you had. Chatfield can be really tough on weekends when it's overun with boats, many of which could be classifield as yachts. I swear, I haven't seen as many jumbo boats on any lake, aside from when I fish Lake Michigan (and there, it's at least warranted, but at Chatfield???).
I also hear ya' about the lack of consideration there. I swear, many of the boaters there must have graduated from the Rodney Dangerfield School of Marine etiquet, it really is sad. So much to the point that I will not fish there on the weekends, it's just too frustrating and the lines to get ones boat out just aren't worth the hassle.
Enough of that, I hope your next outing makes up for this past one. Good luck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts