Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering because thats where me and my dad usually fish. Just wondering where you fish and what the biggest fish youve cought and how you fish the lake(What tackle and that sort of thing). And also if youve ever tried fishing in the stream behind it? I usually fish right by the dam and just fish bottom with powerbait. Last couple of times Ive been up there, I havent cought a thing and its been really really weedie! Thanks for reading and lmk if you fish this lake often!

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Manitou Lake is the lake on the right side of the hwy heading from Woodland Park to Deckers, right? I fished there a long time ago, then I think they drained the lake for repairs on the dam. Used to be a pretty good lake for stockers but that was 20 yrs ago. I'd go to 11 Mile or Spinney if I were you-bigger fish. Just outside Woodland Park theres Rampart. For river fishing I'd go to river between Spinney and 11 Mile (crowded) or the river below 11 Mile (the canyon). One last lake to try is Tarryall-north of Lake George about 20 miles-it just refilled.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya manitou is full now. Lots of stockers tho...Also lots of Brookies. I dont know how to flyfish so I want a stream that I dont have to fly fish in.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Passed it a few times on the way back from Spinney / 11 mile and went in once...It was a fee area and looked packed with shore fishers. Decided to fish Deckers and that was a better choice for me. Try Catamount lakes near Pikes Peak?

TH

·
Banned
487 Posts
Craig N said:
ya manitou is full now. Lots of stockers tho...Also lots of Brookies. I dont know how to flyfish so I want a stream that I dont have to fly fish in.
You don't have to fly fish the south platte. Lures are allowed and they often outfish flies. Best lures are #6 panther martins and also white curly tail grubs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts