Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if the ice is still good on Chatfield with this warm weather. Was thinking of going out Friday morning. May just have to fish open water by dam with this weather...

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Dam is capped....
BUT..... really sketchy the farther East of the tower You go...
So. end has 10" or so....
And NOTHING but slimers..... mostly...>:D

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
was there yesterday over by the dam. ice was fine around five inches. only managed three smallmouth all over 15inches. had more marks then usual but verry finicky fish.the weather has not got as warm as they predicted yet. but be cautious .i actually walked around from the north boat ramp toward the south and west and then headed over there. seen lots of cracks that had refroze so just be careful.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Ice was good over at Catfish Flats, but fishing was slow. :'( I saw a lot more open water than I expected on the east side of the lake.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Just what I saw from the road this afternoon, didn't go over to that side. If it was ice I sure wouldn't want to go out on it. :eek:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the reports... I am hoping that I can get out on the reservoir once more before iceout. Maybe Friday morning for walleye if the ice holds.

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
Um I dont think 7 or 8 inches of ice I saw on the south arm before the cold snap is going to melt by Friday...you wont even be able to get a boat on the lake until mid march...it takes some serious energy to undo that frozen ish...

·
Banned
553 Posts
Um I dont think 7 or 8 inches of ice I saw on the south arm before the cold snap is going to melt by Friday...you wont even be able to get a boat on the lake until mid march...it takes some serious energy to undo that frozen ish...
Aint no one wanna see you sun bathing in a speedo over 30fow

·
Registered
499 Posts
Hey,

I'm gonna try out the Eagle Cove area (Deer Creek inlet just North of the swim beach) tomorrow (Saturday morning). I didn't have much luck out there last Saturday ... but I do not give up easy.

I'll be the guy with the green wagon and the camo down suite.

Hope to see you guys out there.

Mac

1 - 11 of 11 Posts