Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the market and wondering if anyone has stumbled across any good deals.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
I don't know how you feel about the circus that is Discount Fishing Tackle, but they I was in recently and they had some Cloudveils on closeout. I guess the new owners of Cloudveil are not making waders anymore.

You could do what i have done, buy a pair of Redington CPX's and get them replaced every eight months to the tune of $3O... :'(

I AM GOING TO GET ME SOME SIMMS, DAMMIT! one day, when I have money.

good huntin' mang.

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rickabilly said:
What size are you? we have one pair of cloudveil hellroaring pants at Trouts. Sz MD. They are 50% off.
Dang man, I would like those.. I am size XL. Thanks though.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I have a pair of cloudveil 8x and all they do is leak. After the third time out they started to leak. I would pass on them get your self a pair of Patagonia waders and you will never have to worries about buy another set again. They have a Lifetime warranty save your old pair so when you send them in you will have a backup pair while they are gone. That is my next plan for waders.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Redington has a bunch of new waders coming out soon.someone in the industry and doesnt work for redington told me they were some top notch stuff and at a reasonable price. wading or guide pants are in their lineup

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
swimbait said:
You could do what i have done, buy a pair of Redington CPX's and get them replaced every eight months to the tune of $3O... :'(
Ha! Mine lasted exactly 8 months also. Inseams leaked like crazy. Not only the seam but even the material. And I thought I was just walking like a hobbit/penguin!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Cutthroat Anglers had a sale rack today with the client waders. They were Cloudveil Goretex waders, only $40

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
wow, I should get a pair for the next time I have to send back the Redingtons...

Fishlip, my last pair lasted one month ???

I will give them credit, they have never hassled me about warranty claims, and the waders are very well designed and functional...

that is till they spring a leak.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
How much $ do you want to spend on fancy pants, Oyey?

If you're in the $200 range - Wright & McGill Essentials waders are really great for the $. Nice construction, great features,
comfy, well-designed fit. Converts from chest to waist waders in a snap. Has the kind of back support belt that Simms charges
$60 for. And if you have warranty issues, you send them or hand carry them over to Wright & McGill at I-70 and Colorado Blvd
and they will take care of you right there.

·
Registered
263 Posts
The best advice I can give you is just suck it up and get the Simms. They are way better than the other brands on the market right now, imo. There is a reason they don't really ever go on sale and cost so much. With regards to waders and other ff gear, you really get what you pay for. The amount of money you spend on these so called deals adds up to more than the Simms in the long run. Might as well just take the hit now and save yourself the hassle with the others. I saw someone post this same advice on this forum a while back and didn't listen. Instead I was chasing bargains thinking I was getting some sweet deals. 3 pairs of waders later I have spent almost double what I would have spent if I had just listened to the guy on this board and bought the Simms. I have now bitten the bullet and got the Simms myself. Your call, but sometimes you just need to figure it out yourself. That was my case anyway.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Whatever you choose, just take care of your waders. Nothing wrecks a good pair of fancy pants like the unbelievable funk of fungus growing inside your $400 waders. Follow cleaning instructions very carefully - people have voided warranties due to not using a *very soft brush* (verbatim from Simms) to scrub the inside of their waders - at least once a summer, get outside of waders clean, then turn them inside out, let them 1) dry, and then 2) wash them per mfr's instructions. Simms has step by step instructions laminated to the inside of the waders. Let them dry, rinse a second time, and hang them up in a well-ventilated area. Same thing, if you're suspecting a leak, filling them with water is a quick way to find out if
you really have sprung a leak. Fill up like a plastic bag, and squeeze - leaks show up really quick.

Fungus is nothing fun to mess with - ever have a bad case of athlete's foot and you get the general idea. Tis always better to wear some nylon or other dry, wicking pants under your waders, and wool or synthetic socks. Don't go barefoot in neoprene - that too is an unbelievably bad scene. Protect your investment.

Mirazyme will de-stink ultra funkified neoprene - from McNett Outdoors. Learned this from a diver from Florida. Also does not void warranty on waders. Enzymatic soak. (Better results from soaking vs. spraying)

Good luck with whatever you choose.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
I think I got a pretty good deal recently on a pair of Simms. A guy at work brought some in that were too small for him, and he sold them to me for $125.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I got those cloudveil waders from cutthroat anglers, stepped in the river and water rushed in immediately. I would like to thank them for literally taking my last $20 (yeah I haggled down from $40). Oh well, that's what I get for being poor. Anyone know how to repair neoprene seams???

1 - 18 of 18 Posts