Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I'll be out next week going for some pike trying this one. Seems to look fairly weedless and should be good for Bass, but I got it for pike fihsing. I'll let you all know how it goes.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I like it a lot for pike fishing (in theory, haven't tried it). That's a nice hybrid bait... I like the concept and weedless aspect. Looking forward to hearing how you like it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
i just got one of those same lures in my monthly lucky tackle box.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well. Here's the results, the lure is just ok. Look good in the water and the tail kicked nicely. Got a few follows from some smaller pike and a hit or two but they missed. The arms for the blades are way thin and bend very easy, putting the lure off track often. I like the design, but it's cheaply made. If I lost it it would not be replaced.

On a side note the fishing overall sucked bad. Only two pike landed and a few slimers, but one of the pike went 33" and 10 lbs, caught on the last day on the last cast, hit on a gold spoon.

·
Registered
16,692 Posts
That's a Thomas Colorado Spoon- Not a Bouyant!

Nice pike-

But dont you know that you hafta use a 9' MH rod with a baitcaster spooled with 60lb braid hucking a 6 oz $100 swimbait until you're arms fall off to catch a decent pike?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Haha, ya you're right, it was a Thomas Colorado spoon, good eye!
And yes, tell everyone that you need to huck big ass lures all day for big pike. It's a good workout if nothing else

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Well. Here's the results, the lure is just ok. Look good in the water and the tail kicked nicely. Got a few follows from some smaller pike and a hit or two but they missed. The arms for the blades are way thin and bend very easy, putting the lure off track often. I like the design, but it's cheaply made. If I lost it it would not be replaced.

On a side note the fishing overall sucked bad. Only two pike landed and a few slimers, but one of the pike went 33" and 10 lbs, caught on the last day on the last cast, hit on a gold spoon.
GREAT info.. Thanks man.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts