Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it helpful in any way for finding a job, recruiting employees, or networking in general? sounds good in theory, but unlikely for it to work successfully for any type of recruiting and what not. share your experience with it

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I've used it, but not a ton. The only thing it's helpful for is telling your buddies in the same industry that you're looking for a job, and keep an ear out. At least that's my experience with it.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I've posted job listings on linkedin with minmal success. It is helpful to me to see where my contacts go and to keep track of them. I'm not really active on it. It's the only networking that I really do.

It works well for engineering/archtects/developers.

·
Banned
2,918 Posts
Weezy said:
It's basically facebook for working class people - but it won't land you a job or anything

A very small percentage of people use it
I disagree with this completely.

I'm currently in the market for a job. I've "LinkedIn" with a lot of former co-workers, friends, and recruiters I've worked with over the years. I've gotten various leads on jobs directly from HR departments at various companies. In fact, last night, I got a message from an HR Manager at RE/MAX that was looking for someone with my experience (I work in the Tax Accounting field). Last week, I was contacted by a recruiter at First Data, a recruiter at Quizno's, and a recruiter at Level 3 Communications.

LinkedIn has generated far more leads for me that Monster.com or Careerbuilder.com. The HR representative I work with in my current company says that she read somewhere that the majority of new jobs are filled from LinkedIn these days.

So far, I haven't found anything in my area of specialization but it is definitely worth your time.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That Guy said:
Weezy said:
It's basically facebook for working class people - but it won't land you a job or anything

A very small percentage of people use it
I disagree with this completely.

I'm currently in the market for a job. I've "LinkedIn" with a lot of former co-workers, friends, and recruiters I've worked with over the years. I've gotten various leads on jobs directly from HR departments at various companies. In fact, last night, I got a message from an HR Manager at RE/MAX that was looking for someone with my experience (I work in the Tax Accounting field). Last week, I was contacted by a recruiter at First Data, a recruiter at Quizno's, and a recruiter at Level 3 Communications.

LinkedIn has generated far more leads for me that Monster.com or Careerbuilder.com. The HR representative I work with in my current company says that she read somewhere that the majority of new jobs are filled from LinkedIn these days.

So far, I haven't found anything in my area of specialization but it is definitely worth your time.
thank you for the post! thats great feeback. im not in the market for anew job but i thought id set myself up with an account just in case something happens. it will be nice to have my connections already in plac if i do ever get laid off. i've never liked monster myself so i thought this may be a good alternative. from your experience it sounds like it may help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts