Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might have some time this weekend to get out and fish a little, but I have no clue if there's anything near Colo Springs thats not frozen. Anyone know if Monument/Palmer Lake/Prospect/Quail/Pikeview are frozen over? Or of a resource where I could find that info? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
all the lakes you mentioned are iced over by now, the only one you can ice fish on is monument. the east half of pueblo is open but it may have ice along the shore at times so shore fishing is hit and miss

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Palmer and Monument are iced over, I drive by them every day. There are guys fishing for slimers on Palmer Lake.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I figured as much. Anyone know how fishable the Arkansas Tailwater is from shore? I have yet to get some waders, but want to get out with my fly/Tenkara rods anyway.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Trinidad Reservoir was wide open a few days ago. Make sure you stop at Lee's BBQ on the way home.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
This has been a very unusual start to winter so far. 50s and 60s in January and not a whole lot of snow in sight. I doubt Pueblo has much ice on it at all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts