Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if there are things that would go bad being stored in freezing temps?

- Plastics ?
- Pork trailers ?
- Powerbait ?
- Salmon eggs ?

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
If the garage is attached to the house, it probably can't really get cold enough to hurt anything. If the garage is separate then somewhere between 0 and -10 you could freeze up any pork products that are stored in brine, and might break the bottle. The other things would still be OK, though. Plastics and Powerbait are just about indestructible, temperature wise. Salmon eggs have enough oil in them they probably wouldn't be hurt.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I wouldnt worry about any of them, but I never had any of them freeze and bust on me. So until then....
The brine in your pork trailers might seperate at colder tempatures freezing the water out of the solution, this might be bad for them. Other then that I cant think of anything.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I have stored everything in my garage, which is separate from the house and has no heat, and for three winters now I haven't had a problem with anything. The heat has been my problem! I have had some of my plastics melt!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts