Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
longdraw said:
I'm in absolute awe that there are that many people in this state that would vote for Ken Buck.
I would, and did. But let me explain.

Buck is an idiot. Nobody in their right mind would want Buck to be having any influence, no matter how remote, on any part of their life. I'm sure you agree.

The idea behind voting for Buck is to remove one Democratic seat from the Senate.

I am pretty sure that, if elected, Buck could not do any damage to us because he wouldn't be able to have that much influence on the whole Senate. Once in there, he could rave all he wants to about his stupid ideas, and nobody is going to listen. He'd be an embarrassment to his party, perhaps, but that's about all.

Bennett, now that he has won, will be okay, for the most part. I don't hate the guy, I just wanted his seat, that's all. He seems to mostly go along with the crowd, and it will be a somewhat different crowd now.

Cheers, W. E.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pretty much on the money W. E.

One particular thing about Bennet turned me off to him. When the concealed carry reciprocity bill was being voted upon by the Senate, I called his office and was told by a staffer that he hadn't made up his mind.

I later learned that he was prepared to vote against it if that smarmy bill manager for the dems from the basket case of New York, Chuck Schumer, needed to him to. He was one of the last senators to vote, and voted for the bill, but only after Chuck Smarmy released him because already he had the votes to keep the bill's proponents from reaching the requisite super majority of 60 votes. The account I read from a witness was the Bennet walked up to Smarmy and shook hands. Smarmy patted him on the back and smiled at him, then Bennet voted.

Insignificant to many of you to be sure. Might be insignificant to some truck drivers, but not all. This bill could have provided some means of self defense for some interstate truckers.

The one good thing about Harry Reid being re-elected is that Gun Grabber Chuckie isn't going to be the Senate Majority Leader.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I understand the reasoning as to why you would vote for Buck, for the Senate seat, but it still comes across as too much of a risk. I am not happy with Bennett but would never had taken the chance on Buck.

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
Walking Eagle said:
longdraw said:
I'm in absolute awe that there are that many people in this state that would vote for Ken Buck.
I would, and did. But let me explain.

Buck is an idiot. Nobody in their right mind would want Buck to be having any influence, no matter how remote, on any part of their life. I'm sure you agree.

The idea behind voting for Buck is to remove one Democratic seat from the Senate.

I am pretty sure that, if elected, Buck could not do any damage to us because he wouldn't be able to have that much influence on the whole Senate. Once in there, he could rave all he wants to about his stupid ideas, and nobody is going to listen. He'd be an embarrassment to his party, perhaps, but that's about all.

Bennett, now that he has won, will be okay, for the most part. I don't hate the guy, I just wanted his seat, that's all. He seems to mostly go along with the crowd, and it will be a somewhat different crowd now.

Cheers, W. E.
While you are correct, That is EXACTLY what is wrong with politics in our country...

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
At least he'll still have to earn his pay rather than losing and receiving it for life as the perk for once being a Senator.

Its too bad Senators now think they have a job instead of being a public servant. Limit them to two terms, with no benefits or retirement and we'll see how many true public servants are out there.

Bennett will now become a career politician like the rest of the entrenched establishment in Washington, they'll continue their bickering and we'll see no results. If the political system there isn't broken, I don't know what else to call it.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
The lies about a 23% sales tax probably did him in. In reality if the income tax was eliminated and replaced with a 23% sales tax, we would keep more of our money and prices of goods would NOT go up because imbedded tax costs would be eliminated. Food would be exempt from this tax and poor people could get a refund as well. Anything that cuts bureaucracy and taxes is GOOD!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts