Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it's pretty obvious I've said some pretty asinine things lately, because I am so angry over this soft plastics debacle.
I think that advocating breaking the law, even those that are unethical to many people and calling it "civil disobedience" doesn't help our cause and makes me look foolish.
And for this I apologize. There are much better ways to get things done within the law. I guess you catch more flies with honey that with vinegar.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
well said
i respect that you have such strong feelings and if focused correctly you may have a shot and making some changes dont give up on what you believe even if i dont agree with you.do the right thing and i wish you luck

·
Banned
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now we do agree on many things though. I think if we all work together and put differences aside, and do this in a moderate, smart approach, that we can truly have reform.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Ice I think you just bring the full spectrum of all the anglers here.  There are those that support these things all they can and those like you that feel so passionate about their view that they get a little worked up.  
I'm glad you relieze breaking any laws that get implemented is the wrong way to fight back, but dont change man.  Your our conspiracy theorist !!  (i mean that in a good way)

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Ice,

Thanks for having the guts to apologize. We need all sorts of opinions here and it is also good that the members here make it known when we cross the line...

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Ice,

We're all human - no offense was taken. It was courageous of you to post your apology. Yet another reason that I love this board: GOOD PEOPLE!

_Colorado

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Ice-"Extremism is no vice in the pursuit of liberty"-Barry Goldwater. He of course lost the '64 election but became the conservative "soul" of his party.

You are young and idealistist-good things to be.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
kirbydog said:
"Extremism is no vice in the pursuit of liberty"-Barry Goldwater. He of course lost the '64 election but became the conservative "soul" of his party.
Ha! Back where I was raised, people like Barry Goldwater were considered to be dangerously close to the middle of the road. ;)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Ice-

I used to think you were a little "over the top". Now, I'm starting to come around to your camp. I believe your apology is sincere but I sure hope it doesn't cause you to lose your edge!

If you ever run for a public office, let me know. I'd be glad to donate to your campaign and volunteer however I can.

"Concerning all acts of initative and creation, there is one elemental truth- the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans. And that truth is that the moment one definitely commit's oneself, the Providence moves, too! All sorts of things occur to help one which would never otherwise have occured." ~Goethe

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Ice,

I second what many have said, my issues are that your opinions often seem formulated without listening to the other side (biased). You are young, with some good ideas that need to be tempered with aged wisdom.

Terre

·
Banned
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
dante said:
Ice-

I used to think you were a little "over the top".  Now, I'm starting to come around to your camp.  I believe your apology is sincere but I sure hope it doesn't cause you to lose your edge!

If you ever run for a public office, let me know.  I'd be glad to donate to your campaign and volunteer however I can.

"Concerning all acts of initative and creation, there is one elemental truth-  the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans.  And that truth is that the moment one definitely commit's oneself, the Providence moves, too!  All sorts of things occur to help one which would never otherwise have occured."     ~Goethe
Thank you very much. All I want is for the people to rule and the government to serve, like it's supposed to be.

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Ice you can catch more flies with honey than vinegar. I think you will have more people on your side including me if you follow that approach. (Though I know, you know that you and I will never agree on the issue of endangered species.) I would love to see more waters opened up for fishing and silly rules that make little if any sense about contact be changed. I would also like to see the scented plastics reg not rear its ugly head.

Dan

·
Banned
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dan said:
Ice you can catch more flies with honey than vinegar.  I think you will have more people on your side including me if you follow that approach.  (Though I know, you know that you and I will never agree on the issue of endangered species.) I would love to see more waters opened up for fishing and silly rules that make little if any sense about contact be changed.  I would also like to see the scented plastics reg not rear its ugly head.

Dan
Definately. We should concentrate on the things that we do agree on.
I have seen diplomacy fail so much in the past that sometimes my bite becomes a little too venomous.

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Ice

I dont think there are many on this thread who havent gone off on something...passion is a great thing...winning every battle isnt possible...but winning the war is...

Everytime a conservation officer sniffs my curly tail jig at spinney and I am a smart arse about it I will think of you...careful officer watch out for dingleberries on that lure...I misplaced it this morning when I was reading the paper... ::)

·
Banned
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
zman said:
Ice

I dont think there are many on this thread who havent gone off on something...passion is a great thing...winning every battle isnt possible...but winning the war is...

Everytime a conservation officer sniffs my curly tail jig at spinney and I am a smart arse about it I will think of you...careful officer watch out for dingleberries on that lure...I misplaced it this morning when I was reading the paper... ::)
Good post. Winning every battle isn't possible. However winning many of them, maybe most, is possible if we unite as one.
Venomous rhetoric on my part isn't going to accomplish that. I want to unite, not divide.

F

·
0 Posts
I think basically what everyone is saying is tone it down a little bit .....we dont need a forum braveheart ....living and fishing in colorado isnt bad you and I should feel lucky

1 - 20 of 35 Posts