Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
WOW
it sounds like you have a circulation problem, if you pull a sled try taking a belt and tying your sled to it so you can keep your hands free. check how tight your clothes are in the sholder and arm area also in the wrist area. then git the biggest size mittens with arm gaters you can wear you can change to somthing more manageable to fish in. remember gloves are colder than mittens. the biggest problem with cold is clothes that cut down the blood circulation.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Lots of really great advice in this thread, the only thing that I can add is something that my buddy that taught me how to ice fish years ago told me. Wear a separate pair of shoes and cotton socks on the way up to the lake (the cotton socks absorb moisture from your feet) and change into fresh wool socks and your boots when you arrive. Warm dry feet make a lot of difference in how you will feel when you are sitting on the ice for a while.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Kast I agree...I always change to my poly liners and wool socks when I arrive at the lake..Also learned to take my chemical toe warmers out of the package about 20 minutes before arrival.

·
Registered
262 Posts
ePiC said:
Apparel?  Co-ed nakkid ice fishing!!!!
... with a Cornhusker hat?

·
P I K E
10,111 Posts
     Hey guys...Costco at 52nd & Wads. has Carhartt duck traditional coats( arctic quilt lined) for $64.00 right now. They have the knit storm cuffs & the draw sting waist line. These are the warn heavy suckers. Thats a great price for these coats! At Cabela's they go for about $80.00 and more.
      Stay warm

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
ColoAngler said:
ePiC said:
Apparel?  Co-ed nakkid ice fishing!!!!
... with a Cornhusker hat?
I have a buff's hat as well but I look much sexier in the cornhusker one. >:D

·
Registered
248 Posts
Just last weekend i was at dicks and found a great deal on ski pants. they are called Freeze Wear ... water proof, wind proof and not too bulky and best thing only $20.00. tried them out last week and they worked great but i fish in a hut too so... great buy IMO

21 - 28 of 28 Posts