Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GOT an aque vu they are awsome it is a scout! what do you think of the aque vu's? O0

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
i found that they are ok , i have one also , they only work good in clear lakes , i have seen lakers , bows and spawning kokes , but then i got a vexialr and my ice fishing prospective changed

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
i been wanting one for a while, still working its way up the list though. glad to hear you like it, keeps me motivated

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use one to identify bottom structure , etc... I think used in combo with your sonar, it is a valuable tool for researching/searching a lake.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
The only time I use mine is when I ice fish for suspended crappie or bluegill in heavy cover where my vex won't work. I lower it untill I see fish then tag the cord with electrical tape to give me the depth and bring it up. Lower my lure to the same depth, works pretty well.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just got mine 2 weeks ago used it 2wice  i love it!

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
i have had my camara right on lakers when they are eye balling my tubes , also have watched some macks nail my tubes on it , it works well at wolford and green mountain

·
P I K E
10,113 Posts
kokaneeking said:
i found that they are ok , i have one also , they only work good in clear lakes ,
  I have the Aqua Vu MC and luv it. I have found with the MC(multi-colored light ) you can see twice as far as you can with the reg. white light, the colored lights break through the debri in the water. I've knocked a big ole crawdad off a rock in 88 feet of water after spotting him from about 15 feet away at 11 Mile. Also spotted a laker on the bottom not far from the crawdad. We all know how dirty 11 Mile can get with all the wind!!!
    Have fun and cya on the water!!!

·
Registered
674 Posts
It like having your own little television with a fish video game. In all I think it allows you to judge the attitude of the fish by studying how it reacts to your presentation. A good tool if used correctly.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have 2 one mc and one with infrared both have had to be sent in for repairs. cable to camera had bad connection on infrared and mc units cable was cut by fishing line. the service for the units was not to expensive 75.00 for infrared and 125.00 for multi color. they do not repair old cameras but replaced them. Turn around was a week for repairs. I use both cameras alot to identifey what my humminbird is seeing and have became much better at reading the depth finder. takes out the guess work on humminbird. have an 18' extension pole so I can point it where i want and really works well. Not shur it has improved catching fish but is a cool toy to use in clear water.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Am I the only one to think they take alot of the"mystery" out of fishing and are not necessarily a good thing? Not trying to start an argument here but I have not purchased one for that very reason.

Where does it all end-they have the biosonix now which is supposed to stimulate fish into feeding. Don't know if it really works but I won't be getting one of these either.

Someday we will probably have the technology to just about "force" a fish into biting. Count me out. Again, not trying to start an argument here-just something I have been thinking about.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't think my camera has improved my success, it has allowed to me become more knowledgeable with the lakes I choose to use the camera in. In reality I think it's more of a novelty than anything else. I think the $200-$500 a person spends on one would really be better spent on high quality rods and reels. But for the fisherman who has plenty of equipment, it's a fun toy to play with. From what I know, the professionals out there are somewhat split in their opinions of the use and effectiveness of u-cameras. Some pors use them and say they are a valuable tool, other pros say they are useless toys in the world of fishing. ?? ??

·
Registered
153 Posts
I want one... but... I have no money... haha! I can barely afford to buy flies!!

kirbydog said:
Am I the only one to think they take alot of the"mystery" out of fishing and are not necessarily a good thing? Not trying to start an argument here but I have not purchased one for that very reason.

Where does it all end-they have the biosonix now which is supposed to stimulate fish into feeding. Don't know if it really works but I won't be getting one of these either.

Someday we will probably have the technology to just about "force" a fish into biting. Count me out. Again, not trying to start an argument here-just something I have been thinking about.
so... do you think they said the same thing about fish finders and depth finders way back when they were invented? I'm guessing yes... but I am only 19 and can afford neither an aqua vu or fish finder... :p

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
TimberlineArcher said:
I want one... but... I have no money... haha! I can barely afford to buy flies!!

kirbydog said:

so... do you think they said the same thing about fish finders and depth finders way back when they were invented? I'm guessing yes... but I am only 19 and can afford neither an aqua vu or fish finder... :p
yeah some probably felt that way when clear mono hit the scene.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Wow, guess I am being told I'm just an old guy. ;D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts