Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fished three of the ponds on the east side the other day. Big bass, snapper, and one other. My question is WHERE ARE THE FISH? I didn't even see any fish activity. Well that's not entirley true. On the north side of snapper pond we picked up some small (about 3 inch) bluegill just to fight off the skunk. Any one fish here? Are there any bass in here?

I think someone threw christmas trees in the big pond for habitat. If any one finds my blue x-rap where the star is suppose to go I'd like it back.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I fished there a couple of weeks ago and the fishing was slow. I got skunked that day. I think the water needs to warm up a little before the fish really start to turn on. I know there are fish in there b/c i've had great luck in the past early in the mornings but in the middle of the summer.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I have not heard of Arapahoe Bend Ponds but they sound close? Are they in Arapahoe County? I love to fish small ponds! Thanks.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Back when the ponds first opened about 6 years ago, the fishing was awesome. There was a lot of big bass. But in the last few years, like so many other newly ponds, the fishing seems to have declined rapidly (probably due to people overharvesting and/or killing too many fish).

·
Registered
382 Posts
i caught a 13'' bass out of the pond closest to the north parkinglot on a chartrouse marabou jig under a bobber close to a month ago. haven't been back since

1 - 5 of 5 Posts