Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any recommendations on a service to use to take old 4x6 prints and convert them to CD.
mikes camera wolf photo etc.

I have 5 or 6 storage boxes of photos that I want to clean up and out and take the better pics and get them on cd.

Thanks for any ideas.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Mike's and Wolf are the same company.

Honestly, with that many photos, I think it would be cheaper for you to go buy a scanner and scan them all in yourself. A decent scanner can be found for around $100, then it's just a lot of time to get them scanned in.

Other than that, I haven't researched how much it would cost for a store to do that for you, but even at $0.10 per picture, it would get really expensive, real quick.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
DozerF350 said:
Honestly, with that many photos, I think it would be cheaper for you to go buy a scanner and scan them all in yourself. A decent scanner can be found for around $100, then it's just a lot of time to get them scanned in.
I've been doing that with old family photos going back to the early 1900s. That way I can weed them out as I go through the scanning process. It's actually great fun.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
DozerF350 said:
I've been doing that with old family photos going back to the early 1900s. That way I can weed them out as I go through the scanning process. It's actually great fun.
Yeah, some of my aunts have found a bunch of old photos of our family from the early 1900's through the present. We've been getting copies of them as they get them scanned in. It's awesome to see that stuff. Turns out my Grandpa was a stud in WWII. :D

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Yep, it is fun. I'm lucky because my mom and grandma pretty much always wrote on the back exactly who was in the picture. Very cool!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts