Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i don't want to catch them or anything, it's just that i've never seen any there and how the hell did they keep them out of there when every other puddle in the area is infested with them! i know they have their place, but it seems like they are in almost every pond lake or res on the eastern plains.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Im not even sure if they have a place here. infact ill say they dont...while our other warm water non-native gamefish species seem to do ok with little or no impact on thier ecosystem, carp are downright destructive and do nothing but overpopulate and make our lakes and ponds into mudholes with little or no vegetation. i hate those things...i wish they would go away.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Rottal you need to find a way to cook them fish so they taste
great so everyone wants to catch them and eat them

my dad want to give one a try i told him one of these days im going to
fillet one and cook it with onions, peppers and a little salt

just to see if he will eat it

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rottal said:
Im not even sure if they have a place here.  infact ill say they dont...while our other warm water non-native gamefish species seem to do ok with little or no impact on thier ecosystem, carp are downright destructive and do nothing but overpopulate and make our lakes and ponds into mudholes with little or no vegetation.  i hate those things...i wish they would go away.
i actually agree with you. by saying they have their place, i mean some people like fishing for them. i wish they were limited to a few bodies of water. unfortunately, i don't think we will ever get them in check.

as far as eating them, i've heard they are good pickled, but i didn't like the only pickled fish i've ever tried. smoking fish seems to make anything tastey. anyone tried smoked carp?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts