Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know whether or not there are still lakes that have no ice and can be fished with a boat.

I would like to take my pontoon boat out, but I don't think I can wait until the ice melts. If not I think this will be a long winter. :-[ :-[

Thanks,

Michael

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Horsetooth Reservoir near Ft. Collins is completely open now. I saw boats out on it two days ago.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Trinidad reservoir may still be ice free. Marys lake by Estes Park stays ice free. If your willing to travel there is also Navajo and Ridgeway reservoir.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Lake Loveland broke up in the strong wind today, and now has no ice on it at all.

·
Registered
24,511 Posts
Chatfield was about a quarter ice free...and the wind blowing...more warm temps...should have my boat on it by the weekend!

YIPPEE!!!

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
scorpion_bsk said:
Walking Eagle said:
Lake Loveland broke up in the strong wind today, and now has no ice on it at all.
He couldn't take his pontoon on Lake Loveland tho.
True enough. I saw something strange when I drove past Lake Loveland after the ice broke up. There were five fire trucks parked along the south shore, and some emergency crews wading around out in the water. A couple of them were out there up to their armpits. I don't know if they were looking for someone, or whether it was some training exercise, or what. Sure glad it wasn't me out there wading around in that water, though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts