Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Do you believe there are cats over 100 lbs in Pueblo Res?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Not sure

Are there cats in Pueblo over 100 lbs?

5K views 50 replies 17 participants last post by  roadkill 
#1 ·
If you had not read this forum please look up Pueblo cats, then summit your vote.

Would any one believe me if I told you  Pueblo has cats over 100 pounds.  One of my friends who is a civil engineer for the city of Pueblo works on that lake. They have several cameras at the bottom of the dam recording every second for strange things: mainly dead bodys that may appear. He tells me that every once in a while they'll see big big catfish swim by. When he first started monitoring them cameras it really spooked him because they would pass camera to camera. Not knowing what it was he had asked and sure enough they were huge cats crusing the bottom. Did'nt know fish could live that deep down (130 + feet) with such low O2 but I guesse they are cats after all. They say there's around a hundred or so in there. Who am I to argue with a non-BS type of guy.

Also heard that one experience diver had dived down towards the marina side and had happen the swim pass this rock on the bottom. Well you know the story. The big rock started to swim away from him. As he turned in fear it was a huge catfish that was bigger than he was. That diver never went down again. He swears to it that it was that big. Now if I would of heard this story before my engineering buddy told me about his many camera incidents, I would of never believed him. But I kinda have to now.......Ripleys Believe it or Not..........More like...... Pueblos Believe it or Not..........
I believe, do you?

See less See more
#2 ·
There are lakes all through out the US that hold big cats and there are "always" divers that dove it once and too scared to dive in there again because the catfish are so big. I have to say urban legend on this one.

Get your friend to record this for you.

#3 ·
I wouldn't doubt it. I've heard diver stories from BIG MAC too. That's some scary stuff. However, it's very exciting to know that there is the possibility of catching such a monster from our own home state..

Who's up for noodling while equipped with oxygen tanks!?

1eyeReD

#4 ·
LoL noodling.... I would go down as a non believer and then shoot all my oxygen out when I screemed "There's fish in here that big!!!!"

#5 ·
I voted no but I would also like to comment that i think it is possible some day but the lake is not old enough yet. It is big enough, it has blue cats, and the forage is there to sustain fish that size. 20 more years maybe then.

#8 ·
first of i have to say any diver that got scared by a 100# cat aint worth his wet suit i have dove with 300# sea bass and even 100# plus sharks (no cage) it is so not scary its peaceful and almost religous

my offer stands to any qualified diver i got a boat and under water camera lets go!

im thinking it might be possible but not probable i too would like to see some pics or vid from the guy that works there, but i think with the way the net is today if there were pics or vid they would be on the net already

#9 ·
I need to see pictures too, big cats maybe, but huge like that very doubtful. If the cats are really that large someone would have either caught one or one would been found floating. If you want to see some big cats, go to the Denver Aquarium (don't know wht the new name of it is). They got a couple of huge blues in there.

And having cameras 130 feet down, to look for bodies? I think he is pulling your leg. Ask him this question, "how did they get them down there, and mount them and all that sort of stuff and where is the the video? How many bodies do they really expect to find like that? Do they dump that many bodies in Pueblo? Do that many people drown there every year?

I think your friend needs to be challenged on these things.

But if its true i would really like to see a picture! ( be sure it has a tape measore to verify length!)

Dan

#11 ·
Dan said:
But if its true i would really like to see a picture! ( be sure it has a tape measore to verify length!)

Dan
And trees with leaves on them???

#16 ·
Fisher32 said:
This is great. So many replies with intrest.

Next time I see him I'll ask. But I really thinnk the cameras were put in at the building time.
even if they went in at the time of building they would have needed repairs/upgrades

any cam that old would be suspicous anyway alot has chaged in the imaging tech in those years

but working at 130' is nothing for even scuba so i dont see a problem with getting them down there

#17 ·
Any how I work in the EE field and just off hand, I can tell you first thing that comes in mind when building something like a dam; speaking about the cameras, you think about repairs and upgrades before you build. It's probably in a vacume leak proof window storage. Just a guess.

So far there's a few of us that believes in this myth.

#20 ·
Ken Broeren said:
This poll is a "no-brainer".  NO WAY are there cats in Pueblo that even come close to 100 lbs.   :)
I'll try to think the opposite because I like to think happy thoughts!  ;D

(sigh)

Note: the above picture was not a Colorado whiskerfish of course... Just put that there for people to gaze on and "think happy thoughts"  ;)

#23 ·
Dan said:
I see the truth comes out now..........Bodies, Pueblo, Jimmy Hoffa?

Why the goatee and shades in the picture? Is that really you or just some pic you found on the internet?
That's really me, and that's exactly how I look when I go fishing, so if you see somone out there that looks just like the picture, come up and say hello. If I happen to be dragging a heavy burlap bag, maybe you could lend a hand. :D

As for the goatee.... I had a little accident with a chainsaw a couple of years ago and lost a lot of skin off one side of my face. Sort of a close one, you might say. Kind of looked like I got clawed by a bear. (True story!) So I couldn't shave for a while. It healed up, but by then my wife liked it and wanted me to keep it. She says I have to keep working at it until I look just like Sean Connery. I'm getting pretty close, as you can see...

Jimmy Hoffa, now... I believe I heard from someone that he was actually abducted by aliens. They would love to give him back, but he has organized all the spaceship pilots and they are currently on strike.... :D

#26 ·
TAL0362 said:
I must admit, I was once diving in Pueblo and saw a "cat" fish that had a lot of resemblence to Walking Eagle, Sean, or Jimmy,,, what ever you want to call him.  I would guess that cat went 180, he was in an old star craft. 

100 pound cats, yep, I seen em myself.

Are you trying to be sarcastic??? Keep in mind that this is an opinion poll, not a Jerry Springer cat fight. Meow!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.