Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple things going on soon here at the casa! I really don't want to do the work myself anymore. Leave it to the pros. So, I have 2 maybe 3 projects in the near future!

1. I need a new front porch! Right now we have a nasty concrete porch that has been painted a million times! OK maybe not a million, but close. It has settled really bad. So we are either gonna cover it with something new, or remove and replace it! We are not sure if we want a new concrete porch. Or something with Pave stones, or a deck of some kind! We are open to suggestions.

2. I have a Willow tree that needs to come down. This is the thing I would be most likely to do, but if the price is right... It's probably 30' tall and 5' around. The thing is hollow so it's a must soon. Also I have a new tree coming in April! I am up for any and all options. Up to and including removal and or grinding. Meaning i can haul the stuff off and do the grinding, but again if the price is right...

3. I have 3 large Blue Spruce trees in the front yard. There used to be a border around them, but the root system basically destroyed it. So I removed it. I need some kind of new border around them to keep the rock/mulch that's on the ground. We are again open to options on what to use.

I will listen to all offers and bids. I don't have a lot of money to spend on these projects so likely not all will be contracted out! My wife and I will decide on the best offers and make a decision! Another option, if you would like to do a float trip on the San Juan River, in New Mexico we could arrange some sort of trade. I have a 16' Hyde drift boat, and guided the Juan for a number of years. We could put together some sort of package. Let me know! Just send me a PM! As far as the work goes, I would like some sort of experience on the porch deal. I would like to see previous work. The tree removal, just as long as your plan to take it down doesn't include dropping the whole thing into the road then cutting it up, I would be ok. As for the border, professional experience is not a must!
Again PM me if interested!
Here is a link to a pic of my house
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&biw=1024&bih=588&q=9644+W.+89th+Way.+Westminster,+co+80021&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=9644+W+89th+Way,+Westminster,+CO+80021&gl=us&ei=LPlbTdi-DdK_tgeGw8WTDA&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBYQ8gEwAA
You can see the Willow tree in the front middle, between the ash and Spruce trees. The 3 blue Spruce trees with the border, and the front porch. Since this pic, we have removed the front wall, and all the bushes!
Thanks,

Jim

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
walleye seeker said:
first and foremost is where are you located? i have some contacts that can do the work if it isn't to far
I am in Arvada/Westinster. I have a link on the post with my house info. Including the address and street picture provided by Google!

·
Registered
767 Posts
What kind and size of tree are you putting in? Let me know and maybe I can hook you up with a better deal. I run a nursery in Parker and I have 1000's of B&B trees. Good luck with your projects!

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heron Laker said:
What kind and size of tree are you putting in? Let me know and maybe I can hook you up with a better deal. I run a nursery in Parker and I have 1000's of B&B trees. Good luck with your projects!
Thanks for the offer, but we already ordered the tree from trees across Arvada. They take orders each year in Nov. then we receive them in April! We ordered a Golden Rain tree that's 10' B&B! So we will see!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts