Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished the Arkansas from Granite to Leadville in a few different spots, caught a few small browns but seemed like it was almost fishless. Talked with a landowner that told me he has talked with a lot of people that pass through his land and he thinks its fished out. Headed for Turquoise next and caught a few lakers stripping a woolybugger from shore but not enough action to stay. So went over to Taylor and fished the Catch and Release section for a half day and caught a few small browns 17, 18 and 20 and two rainbows that were around 18. Then went and fished the upper Taylor above res. and found a few more fish on dry's. Not a lot of catching but a great trip! Has anyone else fished that section of the Arkansas?

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Sounds like a great trip Oats! I haven't fished the Taylor in ages. I haven't picked up my flyrod since this spring. I was thinking about hitting the Eagle this weekend.

·
Registered
179 Posts
i fished that newer lease up closer to twin lakes turnoff a year after it opened and caught 4 or 5 fish then on nymphs,but haven't been upo there since. i also like the ark in sections above and below salida. i have fished the section that starts a couple of miles above buena vista and have had sporadic luck there.smaller fish and not as many plus there are a lot of kayakers coming through.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts