Why waste words? :smile:

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
I will test and confirm this on Friday!

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Don't need to learn how to fly fish when I can catch the same fish on a spinning rod.

Learning to fly fish is so fun... In CO, trout should be caught on a fly rod... it's just better. Once you have done both, you might agree.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Learning to fly fish is so fun... In CO, trout should be caught on a fly rod... it's just better. Once you have done both, you might agree.
Yes, I agree it is the classic way to fish the abundant rivers and streams we enjoy. Have bought and sold fly setups twice now; maybe third time is a charm?

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Yes, I agree it is the classic way to fish the abundant rivers and streams we enjoy. Have bought and sold fly setups twice now; maybe third time is a charm?
Haha... it's not for everyone and getting started is tough and sometimes frustrating. I do believe nearly everyone who is able to fly fish will agree, it's worth the effort.

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I agree completely about fly fishing. However, fishing streamers with an UL spin setup is pretty effective. I've done it both ways, and the spin rod was much easier.

I like fly rods for dry flies. It's what I think fly fishing should be, but that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Pretty simple concept. For those who don't fly fish.....= better learn.
or continue to catch fish on a spin rod and enjoy watching the anguish on the faces of many a failed fly fisherman...... (witty sarcasm)

Before all the purists chime in; its just a joke. I do respect what fly fisherman do and the work they put into their craft. It's just not for me yet.... Why fix something that isn't broken??

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Just carry a bubble for that time when the fly guys are catching all the fish Ninja! We will hook you up. It's gonna happen sometime...

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Right now that same concept is happening on the Gunny

GUNNY + Streamer = Brown Trout

Love this time of year.
You can watch some chase it for 10- 15ft , Lots O' Fun!

·
Registered
541 Posts
or continue to catch fish on a spin rod and enjoy watching the anguish on the faces of many a failed fly fisherman...... (witty sarcasm)

Before all the purists chime in; its just a joke. I do respect what fly fisherman do and the work they put into their craft. It's just not for me yet.... Why fix something that isn't broken??
WHAT????? I'm offended.

Actually, nah, nevermind.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
I never threw em!!! To be perfectly honest, my shoulder is injured so throwing big stuff is tough on me. I did fish and did well on eggs/copper john once I found the fish. I might do a quick report.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts