Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not looking good today. Pretty stained, and flowing pretty fast. I think the snow pack is releasing now, and it's not going to be good fishing for awhile.

I was going to go fish Cottonwood Lake, but it's still frozen. Creeks are fast and dirty now.

What a crappy year so far.

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
Well that sucks Pete. I'm looking forward to some fishing down there when it clears up a bit.

Appreciate the update sir.

PD

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I read Greg's reports, but what he says, and what I see in the river doesn't always match. :-\

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Well that sucks we where headed there for the weekend. I have also learned over the years the fishing reports from all the mountain shops post above average fishing and make sure to swing into the shop to schedule a float or have them point out what's been working. :smile:

·
Registered
225 Posts
not having a spring / spring temperatures makes runoff happen a bit quicker than normal.

so we will start seeing that "bubble" of bad water from here on. Oh joy....

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
wow, best fishing is NOW. Black buggers in the side holes. Biggest fish of the year from the ark.

You can go fish Ohaver, it always has a little open water if not all the way open. The creek is beaver dammed and loaded.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
You have a spinning rig Pete
Go throw some jerkbaits
Fish are still there buddy

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was thinking about that.

It was much colder last night. That might slow down the snow melt. I'll go look again, and see how it looks today.

Weather looks warm for Fri and Sat, but then we have 5 days in the 40's. The weekend may suck, but it could be good after that.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm from out of State. I'll be in Aspen (Fork/Pan) and was going to take I-70 back to Denver and then go south BUT...maybe I should just head down the Arkansas. I could stay around Canon City BUT where is the better trout fishing. Is the water still trout water around Canon City? Thanks. ^-^

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would stay on the Frying Pan for the whole time you're here.

Best fishing we have. I'd be going there if the pass was open.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
There is SOOO much great fishing right now, all over.. figure it out, man

·
Registered
592 Posts
I'm from out of State. I'll be in Aspen (Fork/Pan) and was going to take I-70 back to Denver and then go south BUT...maybe I should just head down the Arkansas. I could stay around Canon City BUT where is the better trout fishing. Is the water still trout water around Canon City? Thanks. ^-^
If you don't have to be in Denver definitely skip it and drive down the Arkansas, great scenery and great fishing!

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Pan was great monday and tues. Crystal high and muddy tues.

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm afraid all the rivers will be up and down for awhile. You just need to catch them when they're good. Not easy if you don't live close to them.

·
Registered
131 Posts
frying pan

The frying pan right now is around 300 cfs,i went to fish the Gunnison outside of town yesterday,way off color,running high,threw streamers for the day,tough fishing.

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You're doing it wrong.
Well, I can't get up to fish my mountain creeks, because of all the snow. Not sure how to change that?

I also love hiking/scouting the mountains for hunting, and just taking my dog for runs. That's part of my crappy comment.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts