Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dropped my girl and my sister off in Salida and went down by the Headwaters Rec spot in Salida and fished for about an hour or 2 while they shopped. Using spinning tackle... Blue fox spinner caught a couple browns a little over 12 inches each. They hammered that little spinner, bought at walmart for 25 cents on clearence. >:D

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
what was the water clairity like?

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it wasnt muddy, but it was a little darker then the last time I fished the Ark, flow seemed higher then normal too, although I've never actually fished in Salida before so it could of been normal for that stretch.

·
Registered
943 Posts
what happened to all your hair?

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
afishman said:
what happened to all your hair?
Haha, it fell out like a week ago. I had a crazy mountain man beard and pretty long hair no one recognized me when I came home, or at work.

(by fell out I mean I got it cut :p )

·
Registered
297 Posts
Caddis time is ok, but right now look for loads of BWOs to be hatching all over the river when the clouds roll in. Since it's still kinda cold, you might find yourself with a billion rises and have the river all to yourself! Try a dry dropper with a BWO and barred emerger pattern dropped 18 inches below. I'm telling you, you won't find a better time on the Arky!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts