Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Da bugz

Early morning = cool temps, no waders, great scene!

a nice set of deer crossing downstream... surreal

A decent fish... notice my upper lip looks weird? I got bit by something or hit some brush with my face and it swelled up huge for about 3 hours! So weird.

A nice fish

This fish fought like a tank...and had it's mouth "cramped" open... It was weird.

Another quality fish

TU improvements are sweeeet... I dig this pic.

Dang good times.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Great post and pictures.

I have a question about fishing the rock weirs (improvements) on any stream. How do you guys fish (nymphing) the area right up against them? I don't seem to get my rigs down in this situation even with adding what seems like a lot of weight. Do you put the weight below the last fly or something? Thanks

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jfdenver said:
Great post and pictures.

I have a question about fishing the rock weirs (improvements) on any stream. How do you guys fish (nymphing) the area right up against them? I don't seem to get my rigs down in this situation even with adding what seems like a lot of weight. Do you put the weight below the last fly or something? Thanks
It can be difficult... I use a lot of weight and cast into/between the rocks and that can work.. but honestly, most of my fish are caught in the slow moving water next to the mini outflows between the rocks.... I will stand right next to em and high stick it... Also, never be afraid to cast into the back current. This will drag your flies into the area and spit em out. IF you learn the routte of the current, you can figure out how to get em pretty close to where you want.

For the record, it took me a long time to get productive in these areas. never underestimate the tiny flows off of the improvements either. I see SO many guys walk right through the mini currents and go straight to the main flow... they walk over a ton of fish.

·
Registered
475 Posts
never under estimate the tiny flows off of the improvements either. I see SO many guys walk right through the mini currents and go straight to the main flow... they walk over a ton of fish.
[/quote]

everyone.......If you remember nothing else from this report....repeat the quote above up several times. Great piece of information.

Oyey,
Nice pic's.
John G.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Pueblo eh? That can be a tougher area to learn how to fish if you are used to fishing the upper Ark. It's a whole different river in that area.

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
slowdown said:
hey Oyey, can I come down and have you hold the rod, line it up, cast it for me and then let me reel it in like a 12 year old kid after you set the hook? >:D

KIDDING of course. Great advice sir. Up at 2 am makes me testy >:D >:D
DANG Slow....sounds like you got the nasties!!!! too much damn golf. You need to go fishing with us next weekend ya jerk!!!

I gotta go, Tee time @ 7:50 O0

S

·
0 Posts
Great to have a good fishery so close to home aint it ! Every Ark post you do, the fish get bigger... keep it up !!!

Another great place to fish the weirs is about 3-4 ft below where the currents re-converge, great feeding lie. Also fish like to sit IN FRONT of rocks in moderate current, so dont overlook that area either.

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Shot 86, and felt the rust... got on the river the following morning and realized I was dialed in to the water... hmmm. I can accept the 86!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts