Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fished the ark saturday, wading. fished from 9am - 5pm. it was a perfect day. temp about 58-62 degrees, water temp in the low 50's, very little wind and some on/off clouds.
fished between salida and buena vista. from noon till late afternoon a pretty nice bwo hatch was going. the trout were keyed into them good.
between the two of us we had a 60-70 fish day. literally all browns and 1 rainbow. several browns approaching 20". i fished with a few other out of town folks that needed some help with rigging, flys etc. and they did well too. they went home very happy and grateful.
caddis not up that far in numbers, but a few were hatching but the fish were not on them.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Thanks for the report, sounds like a great day. Caddis should be in full swing soon. Last couple of years there hasn't been a huge hatch but the action is always well worth it especially with the chance of having 100 fish day if you hit it perfectly.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Thanks for the report tomcat.
How was water clarity? Any signs of runoff yet. I went to Pueblo Res yesterday and the inlet side was really off color.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
water was about 270 cfs and just a tiny bit stained, but no big deal. there is zero snow in the general area, other than way up on those 14ers. i doubt much run off will happen and if so it won't be a long on.

·
Registered
179 Posts
was out there saturday as well but no dry fly action for me. probably had a 30 fish day but all on nymphs.i only saw about 3 rises all day. they were hitting anything with some green on it.Barr emergers were best. got a few good browns but no rainbows.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts