Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Float fished the Arkansas yesterday from Salida for 14 miles.  Weather was sunny but very windy.  Nymphed in the morning until wind made it impossible to mend line, then switched to wooly buggers.  Most effective nymphs were BHPT, BH Prince and BH red copper john, all in size 20.  Later in the day switched to cone head black wooly bugger and did very well.  All-in-all boated about 20 fish with the largest 15".  Excellent day of fishing is some really beautiful country.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Hey Flybynight

Were you in the front or back of the boat? I saw you drift by around 10 or11 AM. Whoever was in the back took a photo of me as I was nymphing a hole about 1 mile into the Gold Medal stretch. Very windy but it looked like the boat was handling well. My partner and I also got between 20-25 fish. Over half of mine were rainbows in full spawn colors. I'll post some photos later.

We had a nice BWO hatch in the early afternoon but nymphed through it as it was way too windy to attempt a dry. My friend caught most of his fish on an olive copper john while I had a green hares ear wet do the trick for me all day. Boy is my arm sore from chucking lead all day - I must be out of shape. Better increase my training! ;D

·
Registered
179 Posts
was there the 1st. got about 20. largest a 18" cut bow. a couple of 17" browns and a 15"rb. not much wind saturday. just got snowed on about 15 minutes in the afternoon.only saw 1 rise all day. my arm is still sore. way out of shape for chucking and ducking all day.time to get it in shape.only way is by fishing more!use it or lose it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
_colorado,
I was in the front of the boat...what a great day to be on the river!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts