Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to fish the Arkansas between Twin lakes and Leadville. What is a good fly selection and at what time of day?

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
i heard they were hitting hoppers with a vengance upstream from parkdale but dont have the scoop that far upstream down here the river is up in the grass and they seem to be holding in tight to that

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I usually fish the spillway right out of Twin Lakes, when I'm up there. Usually catch alot of pan size trout but nothing huge... Nice pink meat instead of mushy stocker meat.
I havent been up there this year though.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I will be there this weekend as well, I usually have luck with a hopper with an egg dropper. good luck!

·
Registered
265 Posts
You might want to keep a watch on the lake in the evenings as well!! Sometimes if it isn't too windy the whole lake will be dimpled with rising trout!! A small BWO or PMD can really get them..

Tim

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
As strange as it may sound, I've had good success with a Dave's Hopper (large) and trailing a size 14 Beadhead Prince on about 3' of tippet beneath it this time of year. The beadhead means that the Prince gets down in the riffles in the upper part of the Arkansas where it's kind of shallow anyway. Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts