Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to share.

Been hitting the Arkansas from the dam all the way to Runyon pretty often the last four weeks (at least 3 times per week). Times have usually been 8 am to dark. As most of you know I don't flyfish (yet). I have use everything from tiny spoons to 4" HD Travado's with the barbs pinched. As per the norm dark colors in murky water, overcast or late evenings and bright colors on days when the water is clear.

Up until a few days ago the flow rates were still decent and larger bows (many up to 21") were hitting anything with some thump or rattles in them very aggressively on the edges of the fast water. Found a few small browns here and there and even caught a small "goldie" who must have thought for a minute he was a trout. Everything except for two bows the wife had to have for her fall trout craving went back unharmed for someone else to enjoy another day.

The last few days with the flow almost non-existent; I've gone smaller and slower and caught less "bigguns" but more fish. More deep pools and less fast moving water.

The combat fishing is there throughout the week with weekdays being the best time to have alone at the honey holes. Yes, I have witnessed the trash (both kinds) more often than I'd care to see; but then I guess we all have.

If anyone wants to meet up and do some fishing PM me and we'll meet somewhere. I will warn you though; I am a grump @$$ when someone is late.;D

Tight Lines,
Ninja

·
Registered
592 Posts
The winter release rates are in effect now, low flows until March...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts