Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We moved the youngest daughter today to Salida. Not much of a fishing report. So I guess I'll get familiar with the Arkansas River. Fished 3 different spots on the way back along US 50. All I had was a Rapala, guess they didn't like that. Thought a big Rapala for a big brown trout?Seen some fly fishers catch a few. On the way through South Park this morning, it looked like Spinney Mt. Res. is about 25% open. Thought I'd post that since the State Parks website had no new info. last time I checked. By the way what's up with all those rusty railroad cars sitting on the abonded railroad tracks down west of Canon City? This garbage has been there for years. What an eyesore. Doesn't this bother the bighorn sheep and deer movement in this area? Is this the working mans Christo art display?

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Why don't they recycle those old steel railroad cars? All the new railroad cars are made out of aluminum.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
It's time to learn the art of flyfishing if you are going to start hitting the Ark. ;D I don't think those old railroad cars bother the sheep at all.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
I should hit the Arkansas R. myself more too as I'm only a half hour from there.

Glad to hear that Spinney is getting some open water. Hopefully it will open in a week or two.

·
Registered
883 Posts
What is your doughter doing to be doing in Salida? Just curious because jobs are tight right now. You will have fun comming to visit!

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorelips, She'll be working at the Sonic resturant. Same thing she did in Woodland Park. Is O'Haver Lake thawed out yet, anyone??

·
Registered
883 Posts
Cool good to move here with a job!

O' haver is starting to get a little open water in the shallows, but still pretty iced up. I think a couple more weeks.

Let me know when you will be up for a visit and maybe I can show you some good spots on the Ark.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Drove by Spinney today and cant't believe the amount off ice compared to Antero and 11 Mile. Very little open H2o. Go figure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts