Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Pueblo Res. on sunday for the kids to fish, it was a good idea at the time, the river below the dam is totally messed up. Weeds growing all over the river, alot floating on the top, tangling lines. Fished the bridge in the park, not even one bite, it is usually good for the kids now, there were more weed along both shoreline. I have never seen the river like that before in my whole 9 years here. Went to the N. Marina, water was low, but the kids caught a few small wipers, threw them all back. By dark all the action stopped. Probably start hunting again, put fishing off till they clean up some of this mess. Brush Hollow is about the same, but a few more bites from trout in front of the boat ramp. It must be hunting season!

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Did you try down by valco ponds below the dam? They did alot of work for trout habitat there last year and it was good fishing early this year when I was there.
Its hard when the kids arent catching fish, better luck next time.

·
Registered
16,535 Posts
The best time to fish in Colo or Wyo is when Hunting season starts!Less people on the water and hungry,aggressive fish mean great action.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts