Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been over to the Arkansas Thurs. and Fri. evening and then again this morning up past Buena Vista about 15 miles The river was and is high, fast and unwadeable but the color is not bad. I fished about an hour and a half Th and Fri. and had 7 nice browns each evening. this morning I fished about 3 hours and had 19 browns most of which were fat and quite a challenge to a new fly rod guy in that fast water. The fish were devouring the black foam caddis fished without a dropper. I probably had twice as many bites, and pulled off or broke off another 20 fish over the 3 trips. This was my first "caddis" experience, but I can guarantee you ,it won't be my last.
The fish were all hugging the banks from 0-8' off.
I'll be back again tomorrow!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Did you see any stone's in the water. Did you have any luck beneath the surface with pupa imitations. Just wondering I will be making the trip up to the Ark this Thursday.

The Rocnesmonsta

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry for the delay, I've been out of town over in Gunnison. I did catch a few fish on pupa's that I put on when the hatch and top activity stopped.
I'm headed back over tomorrow (Monday) morning, I'll post a report.
Taylor river was unreal this past week, had one day with 27 fish in 6 hours and 12 were between 18" and 22". The most unreal fishing I've ever had!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts