Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out to Texas Creek with my son, Fly Chucker and his wife. Great weather for the Arkansas, cloudy with little wind, but a very slow day. We fished from about 1 mile below Texas Creek all the way up and saw very little action. I mean it was uncharacteristically slow for that stretch. I'd even have to saw that it was the slowest day I've had flyfishing on the Arkansas in the last 5 years or so.

It seemed as if every fish wanted something different. Oh well - that's fishing!

Most importantly the company was great. Here is Fly Chucker with a beautiful bend is his rod and a fish on the other end:

And here is a nice 14" brown:

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
When I fly fish the Ark its usually really good or really slow. Usually when its slow I start throwing streamers (ones with pink work the best for me on the Ark). I always enjoy fishing with family, glad you guys were able to make a day of it.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
nice brown

lota browns in this streach of the ark

have you ever fished on texax creek?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I never have fished on Texas Creek because of my deadly fear of...

sssss
nnnnn
aaaaaa
kkkkk
eeeee
sssss
!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
well i have caught more 16" rainbows than ive seen snakes on texas creek id be more woryed bout lions big 200+ pounders

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lions are why having a fear of snakes is labelled irrational!! ;D

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
none of them bother me you respect them and they respect you just dont go fishing with a chunk of steak hanging from your neck

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I found this fat guy when I was fishing San Isabel, snakes can be anywhere.

F

·
0 Posts
the only times ive been bitten by snakes is when I was a kid and playing with them .....ive almost stepped on little rattlers on my folks land and they didnt strike ......from me expierence they are pretty tame creatures ....as far as mountain lions go if you see one and feel threatend all you have to do is get in some water from what i hear they avoid it pretty much at all cost

·
Registered
943 Posts
i have not seen very many snakes here in colorado. i did see a rattle snake at the nrth marina boat ramp once though

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
dont think id trust the water escape ive seen video on the nature chanell showing mountain lions runnig thru water they didnt seem to mind atleast on that show

1 - 13 of 13 Posts