Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went out and got my orientation sunday. it was cloudy and rainy alot of the day. the wind was blowing so i decided to fish marys lake. i didnt know about the barbless hooks rule there. pretty funny watching a guy try to flatten barbs on fences rocks whatever i could find. i was getting really frustated. i asked a guy if he had any pliers and he did. much easier. got all my hooks barbless in 5 minutes. the first couple hours i got two bites. one about a 10" bass spit the hook back at me when he jumped. went to the floating bridge and hooked whar looked like maybe 15-18 incher and same result spit it at my feet. both were hooked on a purple worm with blue tail texas rigged. i was getting frustrated so me and my son decided to walk up to ladora. the wind was blowing and it was raining. i walked as far as i could throwing a spinnerbait along the way not even a bite. all the guys i talked to said they hadnt got anything either. so me and the boy went back to marys and fished somemore. we saw a kid catch a real nice crappie. we decided to fish on the first pier. i looked down and saw a bunch of minnows. there were some small bass destroying them. the minnows were maybe 1/2 inch. so i tried to find something close in size and color. i ended up with my #0 silver blue fox and casted out past the minnows and reeled through them. got bit right away but again bass spit it.
did it again and finally caught one about 10". my son took picture as i thought only fish i would catch. just for kicks i decided to cast the other way and bam caught one between 15-18" fat as a football. got a quick picture and back she went. finally some fish to report.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks it been a rough year

1 - 3 of 3 Posts