Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fished lake ladora off the damn (didnt bring my waders :mad:) had one hit on a lipless crankbait other then that nothing...I did see a guy catch a few fish they were pretty small I think little pike ....other then that I didnt see anyone catch anything up there ....went down to mary and started bangin cover with a buzzbait and did really well...nothing real big around 18' was probably the biggest these fish have no wieght to them at all ....after catching 10 I found a floating log off the walkway that I was bumpin my buzzbait into it and getting hits one right after another it was awesome....the of course I snagged the log so I pulled it in to get my buzzbait back ...I also caught a couple fish on a culprit 7.5 inch plastic worm in blue without any wieght on my ultra light ...I have my ultra light rigged with 1lb dia. 8lb stregth braided line ...its not spiderwire but spectra makes it ....it makes catching those 1-3lb bass mary is filled a blast ....with that line you can feel everything .......all in all good day but wish I would have brought my waders to get on some big pike .....I think the guy catching those small pike was james from the website......wasnt sure so didnt say anythingn

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
we were there sat and i caught one small pike on a swin bait, i actually snagged him for some reason, he must've hit it and dropped it, my girl caught 3 on spinners. spanked again by her. only lost like 10 lures though, had quite a few hits that i missed.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
only 10...wow dude I would be furious ...Ive had the same arsenall barbless tackle boxes for like two years ..the only times I lose stuff is tossing it into trees at mary .....are you getting snagged on the rocks at ladora off the damn ? 10 in one outing you might look into getting one of those lure retrievers

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
yea i fish my stuff right on the botton, i think that's why we can always seem to catch some pike. but if i misjudge where the rock piles or whatever is out there i lose lures, some days are good and some days are bad. i just lose the swimbaits and some spinners(the swimbaits are pretty cheap) they are like 3 bucks for 4 lures so no big loss. spinners can get kindof spendy but i don't really like fishing with them much this late in the year as i think the fish seem to like a slower presentation. but that's what my girl caught all 3 of hers on last week. thats pretty much all that she ever uses.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts