Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd drop a short report of todays action.

Left the house shortly after 8 and got over to the res. around 830 or so. Never fished here before, saw a couple groups of people fishing the docks and in between the dock and boat ramp. We headed a little further west of the ramp and set up shop. I set my son up on a crawler/bobber and my dad did the same. I took to throwing spoons hoping to catch some of the stockers they've dumped in there. We had no action at all for about 2 hours. Saw a few of the other groups hook into a couple of fish but none for us. Eventually my dad hooked up a small smallie, didn't hit hard at all he barely even noticed that it had taken the bait. He let my son reel it in. I decided to go east to where the other groups had left from. I threw out with a crawler and bobber(got tired of casting and not even getting a hit). I hooked up with a 13" smallie, once again not much of hit. Got him in, and then we all moved down to that area. My son had one on his line but lost it(think he forgot to set his hook, he's only 6 still getting the hang of it) We caught one more small mouth about 10" or so. Kiddo got bored and we decided to head out. Not a bad morning out, but it couldve been more productive I suppose, or we could've got skunked. So I'll go with good day to be out once the wind died and all the cloud cover decided to break up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts