Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Arvada Res. on saturday in the AM and came back for the evening.. sorry for the late post.  In the morning we caught 10 bows trolling with spinners and tried jigging for walleyes but it wasn't productive. When I came back in the afternoon I spoke to the ranger at the gate and asked him what the reports of the day were. He shows me a pic of a nice 5lb walleye caught from shore and also told me that a 10lb'er was also caught from shore using salmon eggs. I asked to see the pic and he tells me that they didn't get one, but the fish is in the trash can about 20 feet away. I went over to the can and sure enough, a huge trophy walleye in the bottom of the can, butchered. It was the worst cleaning job I've ever seen. There was a lot much meat left on the fish. I was pretty excited to hear the walleye's were coming on, but disappointed to see that wonderful fish in the bottom of the can. I caught another 4 bows in the am trolling crawlers.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I was fishing there once and a guy waved me over to his boat. I went over and he showed me a bucket full of smallmouths, at least a dozen, from 8" to 12", I'd guess.

"Hey, man," he says, "do you know what kind of fish these are?"

"They're smallmouth bass," I said.

"Really?" he said. "I hope they're good to eat."   
That is just horrible. Undersized fish caught with no idea of species and regulations let alone the future ramifications of his actions. Is it just me that finds this mentality deeply disturbing?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts